Thursday, April 11, 2013

Jersey Boys




This year for Christmas, my sister was going to take me to see Jersey Boys, the Broadway musical. In all honesty, I didn't know what it was about, but I love musicals so much, I didn't really care!

Funny story: Before the show started, I enjoyed a glass of wine.  When the show started with a catchy number, I couldn't understand a single word of the song. "I can't be drunk?!?" I thought to myself. I tried listening as closely as I could really trying to understand the words... and I just couldn't! "The acoustics must be terrible in here" I thought, trying to make myself feel better!  When the song was almost over, it dawned on me.... they were singing in French!  A French rapper had remade one of Fankie Valli's songs and it became a number 1 hit in France in 2002.


The show was FANTASTIC! I enjoyed every minute of it. The music was great, the story was interesting, and there was so much comedy.  At the end, the entire crowd got up and danced! :)

Here's a quick synopsis of the show:

How did four blue-collar kids become one of the greatest successes in pop music history? Find out at the runaway smash-hit, JERSEY BOYS. Winner of the Best Musical Tony Award® on Broadway, in London and Australia, this blockbuster phenomenon takes you up the charts, across the country and behind the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Experience electrifying performances of the golden greats that took these guys all the way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," "Dawn," "My Eyes Adored You," and more. Don't miss the international sensation that's a Broadway triumph, was named the number one show in Las Vegas and continues to break records in cities across America - bringing countless audiences to their feet. As The New York Times says, "The crowd goes wild!"

See a short video clip of the musical here!


No comments:

Post a Comment