Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Santa Monica Wedding

In late July, the man and I had another wedding to attend.... but this time, we were heading to Santa Monica, California!  Of all of the weddings we are attending, I shouldn't complain about the amazing traveling we are doing for them.

Santa Monica has perfect weather, 70 and sunny.  Our hotel was one beautiful block walk to the beach where I would try to escape to as much as possible.  Here are some of the highlights from our weekend getaway.....
While Evan was getting fitted for his tux, I scampered off to the beach! I think you'll see my pink nose from laying out in the sun a couple of photos later....

As perfect as the beach was, the food was amazing as well. Fresh seafood and we stumbled upon the best Italian cafe I've ever been to! You can check it out here.....Bay Cities Italian Deli and Bakery!

It's no deli like I've been to; you walk into a small grocery store filled with all sorts of Italian treats and on one side is the deli. You take a number and peruse the menu and amazing looking salads in the cooler.  They call your number, you yell your order, grab your sandwiches, your salads, some cold ones, and a bag of cookies and you're ready for a picnic!

I couldn't help taking a picture of this little kid.... he must really hate the beach!

You know what's becoming the next big design trend.... dinosaurs! These amazing dinosaur fountains in various dinosaur species were cooling off the sidewalks along the 3rd St. Promenade!  I knew I was on to something!

I love flowers! Here's a closeup of one of the beautiful center pieces!

I love this picture! I wish it weren't so blurry... it's the groom's mom joking around with some fellow Michigan gals :) 

Slightly sun burnt, a little 'glistening' from dancing, full of good food and drinks, and smiling from ear to ear!

Congratulations Braden and Kristin! Beautiful wedding and here's to a beautiful life! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome time. Love the dino fountain (we'd never get Boo to leave) and the centerpieces! And you look wonderful in your dress from China too.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete