Friday, June 28, 2013

1 year until my Golden Birthday



Happy Birthday to me.... and to Decrospective!  
Today is my 27th birthday and marks Decrospective's 1-year anniversary!


This 1-year milestone took me completely by surprise; this year has been full of amazing experiences and I thought I should take a moment to reflect.  Or, as you may say, give a little retrospective! 

Fun facts about Decrospective:
1. Most of this blog's page views are coming from the U.S. (not much of a surprise) but look at those light shades of green. That's right, Decrospective is getting page views from Germany, Russia, Latvia, and many more :)Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers

2. People are viewing old posts almost just as much as current posts.  That post about the giant stink bugs is one of the most popular!

3. By the time this post airs, Decrospective will have had over 150 blog posts and around 7500 page views! 

Fun Facts about E
1. If you have a lot of friends, you're going to be invited to a lot of weddings!  
Since Decrospective's inception a year ago, my romantic interest and I have been to 4 weddings and have another 6 to go before the end of 2013.  Suffice it to say, this is going to be a very expensive year!  On the bright side, my shopping cart, electric slide, and Saturday Night Fever dance moves are better than ever!


2. I gave up buying clothes and shoes for the year 2013.  
I came up with this challenge after realizing that there's not a lot keeping me in check when it comes to self-restraint.  I don't have to ask anyone's permission to do anything anymore.... What better way to practice self control than to take away one of my favorite things.

Admittedly, it sucks.... terribly! Six months through my challenge I have only cheated once (I need a formal dress for a friends wedding.....). 

3. Don't discredit the small stuff!
While not spending my money on the usual things... I'm learning to appreciate all the small things (which really are the best things)!  Photos booths, fake mustaches, ice cream before dinner = yes, please!  Stopping to smell the flowers... of course!

Thank you so much for tuning in to Decrospective every once-in-awhile - the good, bad, beautiful, ridiculous, and fun! Get ready for another fun year of design, food, laughter!!!

Please don't hesitate to comment or contact me! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment