Thursday, July 5, 2012

Shhh.....Surprise for Evan!

It's a secret.....


Evan doesn't know it yet, but I've sent three of our panoramic photos from our Canadian adventure off to be printed on large canvases.  Each will measure 16x32 and will be some long awaited wall decor for Evan's room. 

Lake Moraine in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada.

Stopping off of the side of the road in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada.

Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada.

The photographs were taken on my iPhone with a free app called "Photosynth;" an app I highly recommend you download....right now! I use this app almost daily whether it's to capture panoramic scenery or to photograph a space for a project. You've probably tried to photograph a small space, it's nearly impossible to do unless you have a professional camera with an amazing wide angle lens. 

Here's how it works:
You open the Photosynth app on your phone and take multiple photos of a space moving only the camera (not your body). The program will 'stitch' the photos together almost seamlessly.  I edited the photos in Photoshop to clean up the edges and convert to black and white, but the same can be done with Paint.
Photosynth


2 comments:

  1. Isnt Banff beautiful? I wasnt able to go there when I went to Calgary, but my brother just recently went hiking up there with a friend. Those are going to be nice prints

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took some Colorado pics last year with photosynth. I'm glad you endorse the app. Those look great. ...I had no plans to do anything with my pics but getting them canvased, or however you say that, is a GREAT idea...YAY!!! Thanks E!

    ReplyDelete