Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage

Another Pinterest Victory!

To thank some friends for allowing me to watch the Olympics, I made them a dinner from a recipe I found on Pinterest.  (If you don't know what Pinterest is.... check it out. It has encouraged me to all sorts of things- make things, cook more, be better organized!)

This dinner was delicious- fresh with a bunch of veggies. The biggest surprise was the chicken sausage- I have never had it before and it was AMAZING!

I added shitake mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to this recipe and maybe some love!

I strongly suggest you try it!
Pesto Orecchiette With Chicken Sausage|
Check it out on Real Simple


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the green beans and peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and vegetables and return them to the pot.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
  3. Add the sausage, pesto, Parmesan, and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry).

No comments:

Post a Comment