Saturday, January 19, 2013

Michigan Christmas 2012

It's amazing how Christmas changes as you get older; it goes from getting excited about how many gifts you might get, to getting really excited about spending time with family.  

On Christmas Day, I flew to Detroit, was greeted at the airport by my awesome brother, and driven to Grandma B's house just in time for Christmas dinner.
I'm normally not one to take pictures of my food, but I couldn't help it this time! I wish I could explain how much I have been missing this food! Kielbasa  pierogies (3 different kinds!), sauerkraut, latkes, and creamed cucumbers (not pictured is the bosch!)

I've been missing this little gal quite a lot! Some of my family, I haven't seen in almost two years.  Way too long and we had so much fun catching up.  

Typical :)


The driveway into my parents subdivision is one of my favorite places on earth. It's like all things calm down as soon as you turn off of the busy road onto the this side street.  The trees have become quite majestic and look like a winter wonderland when covered in freshly powdered snow.  


1 comment:

  1. Great recap of Christmas. Love your sentiments about our street. I feel exactly the same way.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete