Monday, November 26, 2012

Swanky Fundraiser

A few weeks back, my friend Ashley invited me to a "swanky fundraiser" as she called it.  We hadn't had a girls' night out in awhile and I was in need of some swanky fun!  I really don't know what we were raising funds for, all I knew is that the food would be good, the venue would be unique, and a fashion designer would be showing off some new dresses.

Notice Ashley's beautiful dress.... one-of-a-kind by local designer..... (I don't remember who :).  Oh well, you win some, you lose some....
Ashley and her beau Tyler.

Notice the empty plates! I was correct, the food was good!

Here are Ashley and I in front of a really cool art installation. A local paper artist made these amazing paper flowers and covered an entire wall; it made for the perfect photo booth.

One of the dresses by the designer-who-must-not-be-named. (I am really, kind of ashamed of myself for not knowing more about this event; I really like to includes links to various places and people I come across. To be honest, I forgot about the event until a few hours before and was an hour away at a work appointment. I scooted myself to a nearby Marshalls and picked up a new dress and pair of shoes!)

I didn't realize until now that this guy is wearing Toms with his suit... awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Love that floral wall. Will have to keep it in mind for future special events.
    Love,
    MOM
    PS - You look really swanky!

    ReplyDelete